Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Well we have been home for a few weeks now, and as you might imagine things are extremely busy. I have gone back to work and Katy is still home. I could never have dreamed how hard it would be to be gone from school for 2 weeks then come back. It feels a bit like starting the whole year over just with less time to get everything covered.


Now I am home with Diesel because Katy is sick. It drives me crazy that the doctors don't seem to be able to figure out what is wrong. She is in a lot of pain. She stays in bed and sleeps or if she is up she is bent over with pain. This is a person who has past kidney stones and worked right up to the day before. I have never seen her this way. I have lots of theories about whats wrong but nothing that I can do anything about. Everyone is very concerned, they ask about her, inquire to why the doctors can't get things straight. The out pouring of love from our friends family and even co workers (which we call friends) has been second to none. In the past I have really over looked the people God has put in my life.


So today I have a call in to our doctor to try again to get Katy healthy. Hopefully soon something will change. I am trying to be very careful not to complain about how hard things are because of the other people that I have been in contact with in the past 4 weeks. My life at its worst seems pretty easy in comparison.


On a brighter note, I have had a wonderful time taking care of my new son. He requires a lot of attention and he is very needy. I never knew how good it could feel to be needed, really needed, by someone. I'm sure that parents all go through that feeling but no one ever said anything about it. Everyone said it's going to be hard work, and you won't sleep for months, but never its going to be the most rewarding thing you have ever or will ever do. Those things are all true but I had no idea much fun it would all be. I am very excited to be Diesel's dad.


Katy took a picture of me and Diesel, before she started feeling bad again, that I think is maybe the best one that we have.


I am sure that there is more but I can't think of it now.

1 comment:

The Michel family said...

We hope Katy gets well soon. Laura and I are anxious to meet Diesel and share stories. I will be enjoying some father/son time with Isaac over the next couple weeks as I take a few days here and there off before he goes to daycare. Keep up the blogging. It's amazing how many people will read it once they know it's out there.