Saturday, November 22, 2008

ol' buddies ol' pals


So last night we went a Welcome Home get together for Diesel and Isaac. They were the two newest members to the Adoption for Families family. There were other families there with their children that they have brought home previously. There were also families there that were in the process, just waiting for their little ones to come home. Adam and I both remember that time and it was only 1 year ago this month that we too were just starting the process. Man, how our lives have changed in the last year.

Diesel was reunited with his crib mate, Isaac and the following conversation took place. Well at least this is how I pictured it.
Diesel: "Hey, I think I know you".
Isaac: " Yeah, you do look familiar".

Diesel: "Come closer."


Isaac: " Let me turn sideways, remember we were never face on. Do you remember my profile now?"

Diesel:" Oh yeah, that's better. I do remember the side of your head."

Diesel: " So, it looks like you've gained weight. Let me feel..oh yeah look at those muscles."

Isaac: " hey, what's that in your mouth?"
Diesel: " oh it's a plug for when I cry. Do you have one?"
Isaac: "uh, no."


Isaac:" Hey, smile, so your mom will stop taking pictures of us."
Diesel & Isaac: " Cheese!"

1 comment:

The Michel family said...

We love their conversation! I bet they talked in the crib too. Let's plan a get together over Christmas Break. Happy Thanksgiving!