Saturday, September 13, 2008

We're Off

Well, we are on our away. We left Kansas City this morning at about 11. Now we are in Washington DC waiting for our plane to Addis. It has been a long day so far and doesn't seem to be ending anytime soon. On the other hand, the DC air port has these really cool people movers that look like giant 4x4 subway cars. The airport vehicles in general have been entertaining us. From the neat little trains of bags to the biggest planes I have ever seen. I also got a chance to finish the book Dear Mr. Henshaw. It was well worth the 2 hours. Well that's it for now hopefully this won't be the last post.

4 comments:

L. Hoving said...

Glad you guys made it! Love the name of the blog, wouldn't expect anything less. Can't wait to meet baby D! I'll keep my kids updated on your trip, they'll love the blog.

Mrs. Hooge said...

Praying for you guys...so glad to hear you are safe and on your way to get baby D!!!

Morrison said...

You guys are dorks! I can just hear you saying all of this as if you were in front of me! Im so glad youre keeping us updated! Cant wait to see little Desiel!

Heather said...

yay yay yay!!!